04 August 2022
General Manager Vacancy
Gateway Credit Union is a saving and loans co-operative based in Pontypool which provides essential savings and lending products and services to communities across South East Wales via its branch network, telephony and online channels. We have over 4,000 members and assets around £3.5 million. We are a member-owned, values-driven business with a strong focus on helping potentially vulnerable and financially excluded members to access good value financial products.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and energetic individual to shape our future strategic direction in conjunction with our Board of Directors, and drive delivery of our business plan for the benefit of the communities which we serve. The General Manager role is pivotal to the continuing success of our business and needs to personify its merits and values to third parties whilst also effectively inspiring and managing a team (c. 11 FTE) of paid staff and volunteers.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a financial services background ideally within the mutual or co-operative sector and have a sound appreciation of the requirements of a regulated business;
- be experienced in assessing and responding to customers/ members’ expectations;
- be comfortable in leading, managing and developing a team;
- have a track record of engaging effectively with external stakeholders such as local communities, partner organisations and grant funding bodies;
- be adept at managing, and holding to account, third party suppliers, e.g. IT companies.
- be able to adopt a pragmatic, hands-on approach to the day to day management of the Credit Union as required, and
- be able to working collaboratively with a volunteer Board of Directors.
The role is based at our headquarters in Pontypool, South Wales and reports to the Managing Director. We are seeking to appoint an individual on a permanent, full time contract however this is negotiable.
- We offer a family friendly and flexible working environment including a hybrid model of remote and office-based working.
- Annual leave begins at 20 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, with the potential for additional holiday entitlement linked to service length.
- We provide a People’s Pension workplace pension scheme and offer training opportunities for continual professional development and growth.
Salary is based on experience but will be c£32,000 based on a 37.5 hours per week
For an informal discussion on this role and/or a copy of the role profile please send an email to Brian Pippen, Chairman email@example.com
Please send your application to Brian Pippen firstname.lastname@example.org which must include your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the candidate specification.
Closing Date for Applications: There is no formal closing date; advertising will cease once the role is filled but applicants are encouraged to make early applications as we wish to fill this role at the earliest opportunity (ideally from September 2022).